Field for use
Web programmers sometimes need to edit databases, search and update records, beforehand made reserve copies of tables. If you rent hosting, the easiest way to work with database might be use web-interface. Despite there are many similar apps, I made my own one, powerful and plain project, cut excess options, let be only necessary things, relied on my own experience, what need for web-programmers.
In this last update, code of project have rewritten for MVC-pattern. App got facilities of shift database in menu, filter records and edit records in modal window.
Admin-app passed tests locally on Open Server v 220.127.116.11 and deployed on hosting, supported versions:
- Server part
- Encoding: HTTP-server - utf-8, mysql-server - utf8_general_ci
- php: mvc-pattern, pure php, no any cms
- css: pure css
Set up project
Clone project from github https://github.com/rightJoint/simple-php-mysql-admin
git clone https://github.com/rightJoint/simple-php-mysql-admin sa.local
To use admin you must adjust htaccess, redirect http-queries to index.php.
RewriteRule . index.php [L]
All settings are described in model_admin.php, change that, if you need others:
- $pathToConn - json format-file.php where stored connection settings to mySql-server
- $pathToUsrList - json format-file.php contains logins and password admin users
- options->pathToTablesList - where stored create tables query files
- options->pathToDbUpload - where from download/upload tables content
- options->tableExtFile - create and download/upload files extension
- options->lower_case_table_names - use true on windows or false on linux